Terms & Conditions
Standard Reservation T&Cs
We strongly advise you to book our flexible rate as this will give the option to amend or cancel your booking up to 24 hours before your arrival.
Special Offer and Reduced Rate Terms and Conditions
Special offers or reduced rate reservations will be fully pre-paid in advance at the point of reservation and are non-refundable and non-transferable in case of cancellation.
If you are unsure which terms and conditions apply to your reservation please ask when making the booking however terms and conditions will be sent to you in the confirmation.
3rd Party Reservations
Any amendments or cancellations made with an online travel agent will need to be cancelled or amended directly with your booking agent. Please refer to your booking confirmation for terms and conditions as these will vary to reservations booked direct.
Check-in / Checkout
Your room will be ready from 2pm on the day of arrival and checkout is at 11am on the day of departure. Please be aware, all of our bedrooms are non-smoking. Earlier arrivals and later checkouts are available with an additional cost.
With original buildings dating from circa 1220, The Red Lion Hotel Salisbury holds the curious title of the oldest purpose-built hotel in Europe.
We have 60 bedrooms, which are all very different. Ranging from bedrooms that hold individual historic character features to a selection of modern corporate style bedrooms, with suites and family rooms interspersed. Please discuss any specific requirements with our reception team at the time of booking.
We have limited onsite parking available for £15 per night. Advance reservations are required. Additionally, we offer 24 hour parking vouchers for £15 for the Salisbury car parks. These include Brown Street & Culver Street.
Unfortunately we are not pet-friendly in our hotel. Only assistance dogs are allowed on the premises. Dogs are welcome in the courtyard.
Group Reservation Terms and Conditions
The rates, terms and conditions applying to groups are conditional upon a minimum of 20 paying guests arriving and departing together. In the event of the number of paying guests falling below 20, the Hotel reserves the right to apply individual rack rates.
a) Each group is subject to confirmation in writing with in a time scale agreed with the hotel at time of booking.
b) A contract will then be issued, which must signed and returned to the hotel within 7 working days.
A non refundable deposit of £10 per person will be required no later than 12 weeks prior to arrival (or at time of booking if within that time), unless credit facilities have been agreed with the hotel.
Balance of payments should be received no later than 6 weeks prior to arrival (or at time of booking if within that time) unless credit facilities have been agreed with the hotel.
a) Cancellations/amendments should be notified in writing. There will be no charge for cancellations/amendments received not less than 28 days to arrival.
b) Cancellations/amendments made after 45 days prior to arrival will be charged in full.
6. Rooming Lists:
Rooming lists must be received a minimum 14 days prior to the group’s arrival.
Porterage requests must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the group’s arrival. Charges may apply.
The Red Lion Hotel Salisbury reserves the right to terminate the agreement at any time in the event that the operator/company fails to comply with any terms of this agreement.
‘Win an afternoon tea for 2’ competition terms
1. The prize will consist of a voucher for a Traditional Afternoon Tea for two people at Best Western The Red Lion Hotel in Salisbury.
2. Voucher valid for 12 months from issue.
3. All entries with a valid email address received by 31st December 2023 will be entered into a prize draw. Winner will be selected at random by 12th January 2024.
4. Employees/contractors/families of the Promoter and any companies associated to the Promotor are not eligible to enter this competition. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
5. The winner will be announced via Facebook and Instagram within two working days of the draw. The winner will be required to respond within 7 days of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event that a winner does not respond within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and award select an alternative winner.
6. Any incorrect information provided will render the entry void.
Promoter: Best Western The Red Lion Hotel, 4 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2AN