Have a question about an existing booking? View our bookings info.
Our Safety Measures – Covid-19
A message from William Weis, General Manager
Giving NHS staff and other key workers a place to stay over the last few months has been a real privilege, but we’re delighted to have now opened our doors again to everyone.
Preparations to make The Red Lion Hotel safe for you began from the minute that lockdown started back in March. We’ve thought about every part of your visit as we want you to feel safe and secure from the moment you arrive.
The highest standards are being maintained throughout the hotel – from check-in and dining, to room service and housekeeping, we’ve made sure that even at a distance, our team can look after you with their usual warmth and hospitality. Please see a list below of all the changes that we’ve put in place to keep you and your loved ones safe.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- Perspex screens have been added to all relevant areas
- An enhanced deep cleaning programme is carried out in all communal areas, with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitiser is provided for guests in all main areas of the hotel
- Safe distance markers have been added to the floor in relevant areas
- Health and hygiene signage has been added to remind guests about best practices
- We will always attempt to operate a contactless process for our guests. E.g. encouraging guests to contact reception via phone for assistance unless it’s absolutely necessary to speak to us in person.
- We will be encouraging debit and credit card payments at this time to avoid the handling of cash.
Bedrooms / Housekeeping
- All bedrooms will be meticulously cleaned and fully disinfected between guests. Extra attention will be paid to high touch areas such as TV remote controls, light switches, kettles, hair dryers, wardrobe doors and any other buttons or handles.
- Our housekeeping team won’t enter your room at all during your stay. We’ll be happy to provide clean towels, linen, toiletries etc to your door as you wish.
- We have removed any non-essential items from the bedrooms e.g. decorative cushions, throws, magazines etc.
- We’d request that when possible, guests should use their bedroom toilet rather than toilets in the public areas of the hotel
- In order to practise good hand hygiene, we’d ask all guests to wash their hands when returning to their bedrooms.
Check-in and Out
- Express check-in. To reduce contact, and the time spent at reception, we’ll take payment and obtain check-in information prior to your arrival.
- Express check-out. Your final statement will be emailed directly to you.
- Room keys will be sanitised before issue and upon return.
Food and Drink
- Room service is available for all meal times FREE of charge
- We’ll be offering hot and cold options for a ‘Grab and Go’ breakfast until 5th of July. After this date a full English breakfast will be available via room service in addition to our ‘Grab and Go’ for those early risers and guests in need of something quicker.
- All tables and chairs in restaurants, bars and communal areas are laid out 2 metres apart as per government guidelines, to allow us greater protection for both our guests and our staff
- We operate a table reservation system in all of our areas for greater protection and to allow us to clean and sanitise these key areas while maintaining social distancing at all times. Please reserve your table to avoid disappointment.
- All of our colleagues have been trained in new hygiene practices and procedures based on official guidance from the government
- All team members will use recommended personal protective equipment where necessary
- All our team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing wherever possible
- All colleagues will be required to stay home if unwell and have been asked to check their temperature each day before coming to work.
If there’s anything that you would like further information about, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Just give us a call on 01722 323334 or contact us online.