The Red Lion Hotel is currently open for key workers and guests travelling for work. We’re delighted to be taking reservations for leisure guests from Monday 17th May onwards and we cannot wait to welcome you all back!
Our bar and restaurant are currently offering a limited service to hotel guests.
Room service is available for continental breakfasts FREE of charge and dinner will also be delivered directly to your room from a limited menu.
Safety Measures – Covid-19
- Perspex screens have been added to all relevant areas
- An enhanced deep cleaning programme is carried out in all communal areas, with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitiser is provided for guests in all main areas of the hotel
- Guests are required to wear a face mask in all public areas of the hotel (excludes areas such as the restaurant, bar and bedrooms)
- Safe distance markers have been added to the floor in relevant areas
- Health and hygiene signage has been added to remind guests about best practices
- We will always attempt to operate a contactless process for our guests. E.g. encouraging guests to contact reception via phone for assistance unless it’s absolutely necessary to speak to us in person.
- We will be encouraging debit and credit card payments at this time to avoid the handling of cash.
Bedrooms / Housekeeping
- All bedrooms will be meticulously cleaned and fully disinfected between guests. Extra attention will be paid to high touch areas such as TV remote controls, light switches, kettles, hair dryers, wardrobe doors and any other buttons or handles.
- Our housekeeping team won’t enter your room at all during your stay. We’ll be happy to provide clean towels, linen, toiletries etc to your door as you wish.
- We have removed any non-essential items from the bedrooms e.g. decorative cushions, throws, magazines etc.
- We’d request that when possible, guests should use their bedroom toilet rather than toilets in the public areas of the hotel
- In order to practise good hand hygiene, we’d ask all guests to wash their hands when returning to their bedrooms.
Check-in and Out
- Express check-in. To reduce contact, and the time spent at reception, we’ll take payment and obtain check-in information prior to your arrival.
- Express check-out. Your final statement will be emailed directly to you.
- Room keys will be sanitised before issue and upon return.
Food and Drink
- Room service is available for continental breakfasts FREE of charge
- Dinner will be delivered directly to your room from a limited menu
- All tables and chairs in restaurants, bars and communal areas are laid out 2 metres apart as per government guidelines, to allow us greater protection for both our guests and our staff
- We operate a table reservation system in all of our areas for greater protection and to allow us to clean and sanitise these key areas while maintaining social distancing at all times. Please reserve your table to avoid disappointment.
- All of our colleagues have been trained in new hygiene practices and procedures based on official guidance from the government
- All team members will use recommended personal protective equipment where necessary
- All our team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing wherever possible
- All colleagues will be required to stay home if unwell and have been asked to check their temperature each day before coming to work.
If there’s anything that you would like further information about, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.